Thursday, July 21, 2011

New York City November of 2005

I know, it's not Europe or very European looking, but I thought it'd be nice to go American for a day. In November of 2005, I went on a weekend trip to NYC with my mom, grandma and one of my grandma's friends.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza right on Times Square:



We went to a Broadway show (Mama and I saw "Mamma Mia" while Grandma and her friend went to "The Lion King" - I wanted to see a 'real' Broadway show), an All American Rejects concert and the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall:



We also went sight seeing:



St Patrick's Cathedral.



Grand Central Station. I love trains.



The New York Public Library. Which just happened to be having an exhibit on illuminated manuscripts, which thrilled me to pieces.



And
Ellis Island, which would have been more interesting if I actually HAD any ancestors that came through Ellis Island.


And as an MTV kid, I had to take a picture of the MTV studios on Times Square:



I would really love to go back one day. Since we were only there for a short time, I didn't get to do half the things I'd like to do -- fabric shopping in the Garment District, visit any of the museums -- and of course I'd love to go to Broadway again.

No comments:

Post a Comment