Thursday, December 1, 2011

Top 50 Destinations of 2010 - Where I've been and Where I'd like to go (as well as where I don't want to go)

Viator's top 50 tourist destinations of 2010:

#50. Boston, Massachusetts

I've never been, but I'd love to visit Boston and all of New England.

#49. Maui, Hawaii

I have very little desire to visit Hawaii.

#48. Brussels, Belgium

I have been to Belguim and I LOVE it. It is one of my favorite countries, and I especially love Brussels. The Grand Place is amazing, as are the shopping arcades.

#47. Bangkok, Thailand

I have absolutely no desire to go to Thailand.

#46. Miami, Florida

I don't think I've been here, and its not really on my list of must see destinations.

#45. Nice, France

I haven't been to Nice, and while I wouldn't mind visiting (it is after all France) it isn't on my list of must see destinations.

#44. Cancun, Mexico

I have no desire to go to Mexico.

#43. Franz Josef & Fox Glacier, New Zealand

#42. Auckland, New Zealand

Or New Zealand.

#41. Reykjavik, Iceland

However, I do want to go to Iceland. Not as much as some other places, but it IS the closest European country to the United States...

#40. Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Oh, the Middle East. I have a (not so) secret obsession for you. If offered, I would travel to Dubai, but I don't know if it is really on my must see list.

#39. Brisbane, Australia

Again, no real desire to go to Australia.

#38. Costa del Sol, Spain

Now, I would like to visit Spain, but I don't know if I'm interested in the Costa del Sol area.

#37. Montreal, Canada

I have been to Montreal. And I have no desire to return. I honestly did not like it very much. To me, it felt like New York with a bunch of French tourists.

#36. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

No desire to go here.

#35. Perth, Australia

Or here.

#34. Christchurch, New Zealand

Or here.

#33. Salzburg, Austria

Salzburg isn't really on my list of places I really want to see, but I wouldn't turn it down.

#32. Ayers Rock, Australia

Again, just not interested in Australia.

#31.Cairo, Egypt

Oh the Middle East. Again. And its Egypt. Which I would love to visit. I harbor a particular adoration for Egypt. I actually do not want to see the pyramids, but I would love to visit Luxor.

#30. Oahu, Hawaii

No desire to visit Hawaii.

#29. Naples, Italy

Hmmm, I do want to go to Italy, but Naples isn't a must see for me.

#28. Vancouver, Canada

I'd like to visit some other areas of Canada, but I don't know if I'm interested in Vancouver.

#27. Hong Kong

No desire to go to Hong Kong

#26. Edinburgh, Scotland

I would love to visit Edinburgh.

#25. Dublin, Ireland

And Dublin.

Anywhere in Scotland and Ireland actually.

#24. Singapore

Not interested.

#23. Washington DC, USA

I've been to DC more than once and would love to return.

#22. Zurich, Switzerland

Not really on my list, but its Europe so I wouldn't turn it down.

#21. Cairns, Australia

Not interested.

#20. Vienna, Austria

Now I do kind of want to visit Vienna...

#19. Orlando, Florida

I've been to Orlando, and would like to go again.

#18. Athens, Greece

I really want to go to Greece. Athens, the islands, maybe even Sparta.

#17. Amsterdam, The Netherlands

I visited Amsterdam when I was a teenager. I didn't really enjoy it then, but I feel like I'd enjoy it better as an adult. But it is not on my must see list.

#16. Los Angeles, California

I have little desire to visit anywhere in California, and less to visit LA

#15. Milan, Italy

Milan falls into the same category as Naples - I want to go to Italy but not necessarily here.

#14. Madrid, Spain

Again, I want to visit Spain but not Madrid.

#13. Barcelona, Spain

Or Barcelona.

#12. Munich, Germany

I've been to Munich, to Octoberfest and to Neuschwanstein. I would love to return to the area, and visit Neuschwanstein again as well as see Ludwig's other castles.

#11. Venice, Italy

Now we're talking! I do really really want to go to Venice. Definitely a must see destination.

#10. Melbourne, Australia

Not interested.

#9.
San Francisco, California

If I ever HAD to go to California, I would want to visit San Fran.

#8. Sydney, Australia

Not interested.

#7. Tokyo, Japan

Not interested.

#6. Florence, Italy

While I'm not as eager to visit Florence as Venice, I would like to go there.

#5. London, England

I've been to London (twice) but would love to return. There are plenty of sites that I haven't seen and I really want to ride the London Eye.

#4. New York City, New York

Been there, but would like to go back. Like London, there are a lot of sites I didn't get to see the first time around.

#3. Rome, Italy

I would like to visit Rome, but not with as much fervor as I have for the idea of visiting Venice.

#2. Las Vegas, Nevada

I do want to go to Las Vegas

#1. Paris, France

As you know, I've been to Paris three times. But I love it so much that I really really want to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment